I am asking because when we went through the change for 2005->2010 (see
issue OPEN-1) LL used devenv in their systems and several of their dev's
had autobuild on personal dev boxes that pointed to devenv. The problem was
that many of the OS developers,  would be contributors, were using VS2010
Express and it did not have devenv so, the option chosen was to use MSBuild
for opensource and continue use of devenv at LL. This provided a
satisfactory solution which has served us well. But, all along their was
lurking about the fact that the 2 build systems did not match. So, when I
saw that VS2013 CE had devenv I wanted to test it. Granted the MS note to
use the improved build program MSBuild was present on MS's web page at
VS2010 launch. However, at that time LL continued to use Devenv. Things
change over time and it could be that LL has updated their automated build
scripts to favor MSBuild.
Thus, the question is: "Does the underlying builder in LL's automated build
system call MSBuild or Devenv?"