Ben Laurie wrote:

> Ulf Möller wrote:
> >
> > People get confused by the make links output. So I think Configure
> > should print out something reassuring after make links is done.
> >
> > I also wonder if it wouldn't be enough to create the links only if
> > the include directory is empty.
> >
> > I would also prefer to have a "links" dependency in the Makefile
> > rather than running it from Configure. Does that break it for VC++?
>
> You can't do that: it means the other dependencies aren't valid when the
> Makefile is parsed. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

BTW, speaking of links, the current CVS tree is completely screwed:

gcc -DMONOLITH -I../include -DBN_DEBUG -DREF_CHECK -DCRYPTO_MDEBUG -O2
-pedantic -Wall -Wshadow -Werror -pipe -c verify.c
In file included from ../include/asn1.h:67,
                 from ../include/x509.h:68,
                 from verify.c:65:
../include/bn.h:62: opensslconf.h: No such file or directory

opensslconf.h exists in crypto/ but not includes. I presume it should be
linked there?

Cheers,

Ben.

--