> > crypto/opensslconf.h.in by Ulf). I don't see any need for it, so I've
> > folded the whole mumbo-jumbo to #undef BF_PTR:-)
>
> If BF_PTR should normally not be defined, we can simply remove it
> from opensslconf.h and the Configure script. Is that what you mean?
NO! That's defintely *NOT* what I mean! #undef BF_PTR is left
*intentionally*!
> (As long as it is in opensslconf.h.in, Configure can still change the
> #undef to #define.)
Exactly! My suggestion is to have generic (#undef BF_PTR) version
engaged by default, but not more than that! Users/developers/maintainers
should *still* have the possibility to choose BF_PTR or BF_PTR2 options
by modifying lines in Configure.

Andy.