At 17:45 20.04.99 +0200, you wrote:
>> I myself would vote for the first alternative unless someone can either:
>>
>> - confirm that *(unligned long *)((unsigned char *)p+i&~7) generates the
>> unwanted unaligned load instruction on Alpha;
>> - confirm that the library compiles and works under MS-DOS and the
>> development team *cares* about it;
>
>I am making if #ifdef WIN16 for now.
>
>We really should define a 32 bit data type globally.

Perhaps we should clear sizes of data types.

Perhaps something like:

typedef char               int8;
typedef unsigned char      uint8;
typedef short              int16;
typedef unsigned short     uint16;
typedef long               int32;
typedef unsigned long      uint32;

#ifdef WHATEVER
#define HAS_INT_64
typedef long long          int64;
typedef unsigned long long uint64;
#endif

and in the c files:

#ifdef HAS_INT_64

code for 64 bits

#else

code for 32 bits

#endif

This way we are allways shure about the sizes of the used data

But most:

We really should use it...

By

Goetz

--
Goetz Babin-Ebell                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
TC Trust Center for Security           http://www.trustcenter.de