From: Lutz Jaenicke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Lutz.Jaenicke> On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 11:51:55PM +0200, Richard Levitte wrote:
Lutz.Jaenicke> >   Also, new (non-default) targets for HP-UX have been added.  Since
Lutz.Jaenicke> >   they are non-default, they won't get chosen implicitely, so they
Lutz.Jaenicke> >   are non-critical in nature, but it would be nice if they got tested
Lutz.Jaenicke> >   as well, for future reference.
Lutz.Jaenicke>
Lutz.Jaenicke> Provided the "-ldld" change is applied to "Configure",
Lutz.Jaenicke> I have success for HP-UX 10.20 (which is only 32 bits)
Lutz.Jaenicke> for the appended configurations (gcc is 2.95.2).

Cool.  I've changed -ldl to -ldld on all hpux targets where I made
that typo.

Lutz.Jaenicke> With respect to the "-ldld" <-> "-ldl" issue:
Lutz.Jaenicke> -ldl is only suitable for 64bit targets, so I would
Lutz.Jaenicke> recommend using it for the "64"-configurations. At
Lutz.Jaenicke> 64bits it is and must be availble, so it should be
Lutz.Jaenicke> used. Other configurations must use -ldld.

So basically, in all hpux targets that have "64" in the name, right?

Lutz.Jaenicke> With respect to the large number of hpux-targets, I
Lutz.Jaenicke> really think some cleaning could be done :-)

Definitely.  I can't however, I do not know HP-UX well enough...  Or
rather, I can guess a lot :-).

Lutz.Jaenicke> Before I can recommend some cleanup, I have one more
Lutz.Jaenicke> question: some targets (e.g. hpux-parisc-cc) have the
Lutz.Jaenicke> -D_REENTRANT defined in Configure, even though it
Lutz.Jaenicke> should/must be used as an additional argument to
Lutz.Jaenicke> Configure. What shall happen to this definition???

You you give -D_REENTRANT to Configure, you may get it twice...
You're thinking about the comment in Configure, right?  It's just that
before the change I made yesterday, no hpux target (that I saw) had
-D_REENTRANT...  In other words, the comment should be changed.

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chairman@Stacken   \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.