>> changes/fixes into that branch? Obviously everyone's going to have something
>> different about "their version" of OpenSSL and I'm wondering how to do
>> that while at the same time take advantage of the OpenSSL developers'
>> updates.
>>

>>    Why is that obvious? The right thing to do is to contribute back your
>>     modifications.

Between our code base and the OpenSSL code base will exist a massive
delta with respect to code changes (we are running on an unsupported
embedded processor, various algorithms will be implemented in hw, etc.).
Are you suggesting that I offload the maintenance aspect of this to the
maintainers of OpenSSL? I have no problem with this, I just didn't think
they would be open to this since they could quickly become swamped if
more than a few companies, with changes the size I'm talking about, all
decide to do contribuite their changes. I will consider this however. Let's
say that the changes are *too* drastic though, then what?  Thanks for the
input. This brings me to a new question: How feasible is it to use the
ENGINE stuff at this  point? I figure if  I'm going to be contributing
anything useful, and since we'll be in an embedded environment, this is
were it would go. Thanks again for the responses.

--
Billy Cole
Astute Networks, Inc.