From: Oscar Jacobsson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 8:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: OpenSSL and ASP

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> Suggestion: there are packages out there that supply interfaces for
> OpenSSL to perl, python, ruby and I don't know what other languages.
> If you build a VB interface, it might be a good idea to release it as
> a separate package.
>
> [reasoning deleted for brevity]

Quite true. It would be far easier/cleaner, IMHO, to build a separate
OpenSSL COM-wrapper, which could then be used to call OpenSSL from any
given language that supports COM: VB, Java, C, C++ (the latter two
wouldn't really need to go through the wrapper though. :-))

I've built a couple of different COM objects around the OpenSSL data
types and their functions in my day, but I'm not familiar enough with
the subtleties of OOP & COM design to have acheived anything I'd call
fully Reusable just yet. If anybody's looking for code examples however,
I'm sure I should be able to throw something together.

Best regards,

//oscar