> Here is a patch I created for the Makefile.org file to correct the
> problem we were having...

I wouldn't like to see this in OpenSSL by default; there are times when
you *want* to over-ride functions inside the library in your own
program, and times when you don't.

I'd advise you instead to build your software token with -Bsymbolic and
link it against the static versions of libssl and/or libcrypto. That's
what we do for our Apache and iPlanet plugins, and it works on most
UNIXes (I'm currently having trouble with HP/UX, but doesn't everyone? :-)

--
Harald Koch     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>