Praveen> Hi I am building an openssl image on to the Vxworks plaform.
[snip]
Praveen> My Priority is reduce the image size , as this is very
Praveen> crtitical in RTOS. My Questions are : Crypto directory is
This is more of an application question than development. The answer is
quite simple. Add these compiler flags, for example, -DVXWORKS=1
-DGETPID_IS_MEANINGLESS -DNO_CHMOD -DNO_BF=1 -DNO_MD4=1 \ -DNO_RC2=1
-DNO_RC5=1 -DNO_IDEA=1 -DNO_CAST=1 -DNORIPEMD=1 -DNO_HMAC=1 \ -DNO_MDC2=1
-DNO_ERR=1 -Wall etc. Most defines are detailed in `evp.h'. I particularly
like the "NO_IDEA" define. The "NO_ERR" can save a significant amount of
space on an embedded platform. Also, if you build the source as a library,
and your code doesn't make use of server, client, SSLv2, TLS, etc. code, the
linker will exclude a lot. hth, Bill Pringlemeir.

Bill I understand this.

The Open SSL Make files are not arranged well for the first time users.
I could compile and run well on Linux platform.

I am doing the same for VxWorks, windows 2000 is my development environment.
I am using this for Arm processor. I use "ccarm".

I am trying to integrate in the make file. I don't to how to set up the
environment.  One way I could do is , physicall create my own make file for
each sub directories.

Thanks
Praveen