On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 05:10:55PM +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:05:12
>+0100, Corinna Vinschen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> vinschen> Btw., does anybody have an idea where a symbol ".RC4_end" could come from?
>
> crypto/rc4/asm/rx86unix.cpp in my case (on Linux)...
>
> I've applied your patches, and will commit them promptly.  Please
> check the next snapshot.

Thanks, I just found out that the symbol comes from rx86unix.cpp in my
case, too.  What I don't understand is the following.

crypto/rc4/Makefile.ssl contains the following:

  RC4_ENC=rc4_enc.o
  # or use
  #RC4_ENC=asm/rx86-elf.o
  #RC4_ENC=asm/rx86-out.o
  #RC4_ENC=asm/rx86-sol.o
  #RC4_ENC=asm/rx86bdsi.o

Even though it's supposed to build rc4_enc.o to get the RC4 function(s),
it builds asm/rx86-out.o instead.

However, I found out, that the linker problem disappears if I build
the libraries using rc4_enc.o instead of asm/rx86-out.o.  Frankly,
I have NO idea why!

Until I found a solution for that linker problem (which is a linker bug,
apparently) I'd like to build the Cygwin version using rc4_enc.o.  How
can I do that most cleanly?

Thanks in advance,
Corinna

--