I added a default define for DEVRANDOM to the DJGPP
CFLAGs to enable use of the noise program, and had /dev/urandom$ read
in binary mode in rand_unix.c.

Eight \$ is not only ugly, but presumably has everything to do with current amount of recursive invocations of make... Can we settle for -DDEVRANDOM=\"/dev/urandom\\x24\" instead?

As for PATH=$TOP/apps\;$TOP\;$PATH in openssl_fips_fingerprint. The reason why PATH is quoted in original version is to allow spaces in $PATH. Is there possibility for DJ run-time environment to suffer from this as well? In which case PATH="$TOP/apps;$TOP;$PATH" might be more appropraite... Care to comment on this? A.