Joe Gluck wrote:
That attack is interesting, how can that be done, (sorry for bothering you :-) )

But cutting down the X509_cmp will not work because the memcmp
compares the hash which if I will cut out the X509_check_purpose lines
will not make any sense.

But I think the best idea is to compare the entire text of the entire
certificate (The text as I get in a PEM format before loading it into
the X509 object. it is faster than hashing the same size and comparing
the hash.

You should then consider comparing DER encoding, not the PEM wrapper
around the DER certificate contents.

PEM encoding of the same certificate can be different, due to relaxed
rules about whitespace characters.

Thanks