Alright.  Can you comment on if the source-level API is going to stay
the same, at least?  (If it's going to stay the same, then giving
details on how to link with a version of OpenSSL that provides that
API -- even if it's not the "FIPS-certified" version -- would allow
users to get working on apps that need to make use of the API.  If
it's not, then I won't worry about it.  If you can't comment, I'll
assume it's not guaranteed static.)

-Kyle H