Alright.  I'm certainly not suggesting that if you link to a
FIPS-certified module, your entire product becomes FIPS-compliant --
as far as I understand, your app still has to go through the same
testing procedures, it just doesn't have to go through quite the same
crypto validation procedures.

(I do tend to read requirements documents myself; I'm trying to design
something to sell to the US government, and I'm endeavoring to make it
possible.)

I do have another question, though: Is the ASN.1/BER/DER library
considered to be part of the crypto library, and thus mandatory to use
for ease of certification down the road?

-Kyle H