Well that didnt fly either. Has anybody built an
openssl app using VS2005 and ported it to a XP machine
that does not have openssl installed? If they be so
kind and shed some light onto this dark area that
would be appreciated because I thought this would be
easy which it is providing you do complete install of
openssl.

If you try to build the static libs all is OK except
you will get conflicts with VS2005 and there comes the
problem of using the /MD in the code generation which
I'm led to believe from the FAQ I have to do.

The instructions do not seem to be clear when building
for VS2005.

Thanks,
Garyc

http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=1451&user=guest&pass=guest