From: "David Schwartz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:59:00
To:<openssl-dev@openssl.org>
Subject: RE: Static global - bug? (Re: Two valgrind warnings in OpenSSL -
possible bug???)

> I should be able to create a multithreaded application using
> a non-multithreaded openssl build provided that I have an ssl
> context per thread.

Most definitely not. At a minimum, the definition of things like 'errno' and
'malloc' might be different between a multithreaded build and a
non-multithreaded build. There is no supported way to combine multithreaded
code and code that was not compiled to be multithreaded.

It may happen to work, but that's a lousy way to make security-sensitive
software.

DS