Kyle Hamilton wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Lutz Jaenicke <l...@lutz-jaenicke.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kyle,
>>
>> thank you very much for reports, they are currently sitting in the
>> moderation queue. I would kindly ask you and other testers to either
>> * send success messages to the list with just the platform mentioned
>> * send failures to openssl-bugs (or rt which is an alias) with a suitable
>>  subject line exposing the platform and type of problem
>>  "Re: OpenSSL 1.0.0 beta1 released" is not too useful as it will end up in
>>  many open tickets all having the same non-informative subject.
>>
>> Thank you very much,
>>    Lutz
>>

> Hi Lutz,
>
> The problem with 'just the platform mentioned' is that there are two
> separate types of platforms on OSX -- 32 bit and 64 bit.  I tested the
> default configuration on each.
>
> In addition, I also tested the experimental-jpake, enable-rfc3779,
> experimental-store, and basically all the other options I had
> available, in separate tests (both 32- and 64-bit).  I'd figured that
> you'd have the ability to parse the configuration lines so that you
> could identify the options in use, the platform, and any combination
> which resulted in a test failure -- and that more information would be
> easier to diagnose problems with than less.
>
> Which list should I send success reports to?  The body will need to
> include the compiler, the Configure options, and platform at the very
> least; that's a bit too much to fit into an appropriate Subject.
>
> (Or am I taking the concept of a proper, comprehensive test matrix too
> seriously for the OpenSSL team's liking?)

Probably you are not around long enough for the last (0.9.8) release :-)
In the past we tended to have the success reports sent to openssl-dev.
The problem with the success reports is that they are actually invalidated
with every new iteration so keeping those in the request tracker is not
the correct way.
I am considering on how to collect the success information which is
probably best handled with a "yes" or "no" (or the "yes: betaX") in a
spreadsheet.
Failures have to be looked into one by one and hence should go into
separate tickets in the request tracker.

Best regards,
    Lutz
I am considering how to collet