I've done some fiddling with the 0.9.8 branch, and as far as I can
tell, it builds and tests cleanly on Alpha, using no special options.
I haven't tested a FIPS build yet, but will some time tonight.

I've just uploaded a dist from the current state of this branch on my
server, it's http://guardian.lp.se/~levitte/openssl-0.9.8m-dev.tar.gz
For those running VMS, please download it and try it out.

(I've incliuded two people who have shown specific interest for this
as recipients.  Appologies if that leads to double posts, guys)

Cheers,
Richard

--
Richard Levitte                         rich...@levitte.org