From: Arpadffy Zoltan <zoltan.arpad...@scientificgames.se>

> Then, after all, I think, the best solution would be to leave as it is and =
> close this (#2449) issue.
>
> We can continue to live with default (/NOPOINTER_SIZE) and optional 32-bit =
> build (/POINTER_SIZE=3D32)
>
> Maybe, it would be useful to change the makevms.com script that do not allo=
> w /POINTER_SIZE=3D64 parameter, but in those cases change that to /NOPOINTE=
> R_SIZE instead.
>
> What is your opinion?

   My opinion is that if a build with 64-bit pointers is important, then
the VMS-specific code should be fixed enough to let it work.  If it's
not important, then why do _anything_ with "/POINTER_SIZE"?  Why have a
build option which doesn't work?

   As usual, it might be nice to know how HP handled this, but I'm not
holding my breath while we wait to hear from them.