On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 01:42:07PM +0100, Andy Polyakov via RT wrote:

> Actually my intention was to test if the problem can be reproduced with
> *same binary*. That's why I suggested that you, Kurt, compile one and
> hand it to user. Other way around would also work, i.e. user hands over
> the binary. This is because I don't exclude possibility for compiler bug...

Note that Debian is a binary distribution.  So all users were
already running the same binary that I build.  Yet some people
see the problem while most don't.

We should all also be using the same compiler. Current testing
and unstable have gcc-4.7 4.7.2-5 as compiler.

I'm currently not considering the compiler to be the issue.

As far as I can see it's also not likely CPU specific, as I've
seen both Intel and AMD processors as having the problem.

The only hint I get is that it might be timing related, like that
the whole packet isn't received yet or something like that.

Kurt