->Im new to all this.  What the plan is for me and a friend to make a
->webpage with a few different sections.  We would like to be able to
->update it from one page.  A page that would let us choose what section
->it will be added to, write the new news or whatever and post it
->automatically and making the changes to the html code.

Well, it's not that this should be answered in this form, but....

If anyone uses FileMaker 5 (I used it because it was the only thing available
and stable, Access sux.) then I have something I'm willing to open source.

With FMP5, you can make a database of HTML code bits, called BODY PARTS for
obvious reasons.  Then you can assemble each page of your site by choosing the
body parts in order of appearance.  The advantage: if you have to change
something dynamically from time to time, you now have the ability to modify a
common HTML segement (say a navigation bar) in one step.

Yes, I know server-side includes are the same thing, but this leaves cleaner
directories and some people don't have SSI's...

-Brendan Robert

---
I am surviving the BS Y2K problem like everyone else in the world...