Hi,

my name is Hungdan Ly and I just downloaded the Crypt-SSLeay-0.16.  I'm running
Perl v5.00502.  I got your contact info from the README file.  Sorry to
inconvenience you but I need your help.  I'm trying to write a perl script that
will go to an https server (let's call it server1.mydomain.com) on the net and
post a file.  I received this error message:

500 (Internal Server Error) Can't connect to server1.mydomain.com:443 (Bad file
number)

I made sure that server1.mydomain.com is resolvable on the machine that I'm
running. I then tried to run the example script provided (net_ssl_test) and here
is a snip of what occurred:

- - -snip - - -

# ./net_ssl_test HEAD server1.mydomain.com 443
Net::SSL: SSL negotiation failed at ./net_ssl_test line 9
Net::SSL: Bad file number at ./net_ssl_test line 9
Net::SSL: Bad file number at ./net_ssl_test line 9
Use of uninitialized value at
/opt/ACMLperl/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/Net/SSL.pm line 53.
Net::SSL: Bad file number at ./net_ssl_test line 9
Can't connect to server1.mydomain.com:443 at ./net_ssl_test line 9.

- - -snip ends - - -

I'm stuck at this point.  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Hungdan Ly
212-887-2930