What sideline patents? I have followed this issue and I do not know what
patents you're referring to.

After the RSA patent has expired, the RSA algorithm is available
royalty-free, it is that simple. So yes, it does mean that you can purchase
and use any product offering 'the' RSA algorithm available on the market (as
long as no other patents are infringed by the product). You can even use
OpenSSL for free! As the poster noted, we are talking about the RSA modular
exponentiation algorithm, not any other algorithm that is the property of
RSA Security, Inc.

Greg Stark, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chief Security Architect
Ethentica, Inc.