Title: obtaining input from a file or from the command line

hello,

I'm trying to generate some certificates, but can't find the way to automate the process.  For example, I have a script with the following command:

        openssl genrsa -des3 -out $1.key 1024

where $1 gets a unique identifier for the user, usually the login name.

when I execute the script, I get a prompt asking for the PEM passphrase, but I would like openssl to get that value from somewhere else, like a command line parameter or from a dinamically generated textfile.  I tried < inputfile, but the redirection just won't work.

Is there a way to do stuff like this?

thanks

Jorge Rubén Macías López
Operadora Protel S.A. de C.V.