Sean Conley wrote:

> The only way I have found to automate this process in a way that you speak
> of is to use expect.  I had to do something similar where I wrapped the
> whole certificate creating process in a CGI using the Perl expect module,
> this worked quite nicely.  If there is a way to feed openssl input from a
> text file I missed it and did alot of work for nothing on this project.

There are command line options to feed in passphrases from various
sources on most of the command line utilities. For example:

openssl genrsa -des3 -passout pass:hello

would set the passphrase to 'hello' whereas

openssl genrsa -des3 -passout stdin

would read it from standard input where it can be piped for example.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]