The only way I have found to automate this process in a way that you speak
of is to use expect.  I had to do something similar where I wrapped the
whole certificate creating process in a CGI using the Perl expect module,
this worked quite nicely.  If there is a way to feed openssl input from a
text file I missed it and did alot of work for nothing on this project.

Sean Conley