Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

> From: Averroes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> a.averroes> A simple question, but not a least:
> a.averroes> instead of using the index.txt file as database of
> a.averroes> registered certificates, could it be possible to use a SQL
> a.averroes> database "e.g. PostgreSQL" as the engine version of
> a.averroes> openssl can with HSM "e.g. nCipher"
>
> Currently no, but that's honestly a rather cool idea.
>
> The reason that it wouldn't work right now is that the engine
> framework only has the functionality to retrieve keys or key handles
> from a HSM.  No storage capabilities and no certificates on HSM.  I
> don't know what the rest of the development team says about this, but
> I would for sure be interested into looking at implementing that kind
> of extension.

Yes I'd also be interested in doing this. A general key certificate and
CRL database API is something I've been looking at for a while but never
completed patrly due to a few thorny issues but mainly due to being
diverted onto something of higher priority.

If this could be usable as a replacement for the highly brain dead
X509_LOOKUP stuff that would be great.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/