Right, I remember I had a ton of problems building openssl under cygwin.  No problems at all with ActiveState perl in an NT DOS prompt.

--Noel

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: Building openssl on Win2K

I did it, and without any problem worth mentioning.
Your troubles might be with two things, though.
One might be the perl configure .. that is needed to set up the makefile, there is mention of a specific perl distro req'd, I just ran it with the one I had, and it worked fine (could be the required one, but I really can't remember which one I installed).
Second is that you might have forgotten to run vcvars32 before the nmake.
BTW, I built it with VC6 under Win2KPro. There is also an IDE for VC6, runs just as fine, and as a bonus, compiles all the openssl tools separately as well.