I'm not saying VC++ is failing, I'm just saying there has got to be something wrong that I'm doing which I'm hoping that someone can point out.
after following the steps in the INSTALL.win32 file I ran the test as instructed and it worked fine without generating any error message, doesn't that mean everything is OK installation and setup wise? Note that I never ran any "install" or "openssl" commands during the installation.

Another q: I didn't set an environment variable from the control panel  to point to the root directory, is it important?

Must I run any openssl commands from the command prompt PRIOR to running the compiler?

Any help is highly appreciated.
Layla.

Vio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think VC++ has a command-line tool (something like cmake, or
something). If VC++ fails, maybe try DevC++. VC++/DevC++ docs are your
friend :)
Vio