Ken,
Thank you.

Ken Goldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you SO much! :) that certainly solved the linking problem
> using the graphical user interface of MS visual studio, but would
> you know why isn't it compiling or linking from the command line? is
> there something that I must run first? and does it really make any
> difference whether I compile/link/run from graphical user interface
> or the command line?

The easiest way to compile from the command line is to export
a makefile from the GUI and then use nmake.

Note that both the makefile and nmake.exe are MS proprietary. You
can't use standard makefiles with nmake, and you can't use the MS
makefiles with a standard make.exe like gnu make.

You can create your own standard makefile with all the correct
compiler and linker options, but it's easier to let the GUI do it.

Typically, I use the GUI to set up a project, add the source files,
and export the makefile. From there, I can compile and link from
emacs.

--
Ken Goldman [EMAIL PROTECTED] 914-784-7646