On Sun, Sep 19, 2004, Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 16, 2004, Antonio Ruiz Martínez wrote:
> > I tried to put the sequence in an octet_string and with that way there
> > is no problem but I would like to use the SEQUENCE directley if it is
> > possible.
> >

> I tried that test file and it chokes several asn1 parsing tools. It looks like
> the attribute is added OK and then things go badly amiss after it. This would
> be the case if you'd added the PKCS#7 structure along with some trailing data,
> for example if the length was wrong you passed to ASN1_STRING_set().

This appears to indeed be the case. dumpasn1 will partly display the structure
but chokes later on. Here is the start of the attribute:

1186 A1 1345:           [1] {
1190 30 1341:             SEQUENCE {
1194 06    9:               OBJECT IDENTIFIER signedData (1 2 840 113549 1 7 2)
1205 31 1326:               SET {
1209 30 1257:                 SEQUENCE {

The last SET length field is noticeably larger than the following SEQUENCE.
This suggests there's some extra invalid data after the SEQUENCE.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.