Hello everyone,

I'm having a tuff time with Outlook 2000 and openssl.  Here's my situation:
I have cyrus-imapd 2.2.8 w/TLS enabled.  Basically I've created my CA:
openssl req -new -x509 -keyout private/cakey.pem -out cacert.pem -days
3650 -config ./openssl.cnf

Then created my imap server cert/key and signed it with my CA:
openssl req -new -nodes -out req.pem -config ./openssl.cnf
openssl ca -out cyrus.pem -config ./openssl.cnf -infiles req.pem
(leaving all the human readable stuff there.. shouldn't matter?)
cat cyrus.pem privkey.pem > /var/lib/cyrus/cyrus.pem

I now start the master process and everything starts fine.

When I start Outlook I get the following message:
"The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could
not be verified.
0x800b010f
Do you want to continue using this server?
Y/N"

I choose yes and everything works fine...  But, I would like to get rid of
the annoying message and have Outlook trust the cert.  So I've tried to
import the cacert.pem and cyrus.pem as trusted root certificates:
openssl x509 -in cacert.pem -out cacert.crt
openssl x509 -in cyrus.pem -out cyrus.crt

They both import fine as Root Certs but Outlook still complains.  I hope
some OpenSSL guru out there will point out the error(s) of my ways and steer
me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for the assistance,
Jim