> We have already purchased the certificate.
> But we do not have have private key with us.
> because we have submitted the csr request from
> CA's website.
> My client is not Browser. It is JAVA application.
> Now, Can I use this certificate with my JAVA clients
> with out private key? will client authendication work
> without private key?
> -Babu

The logical function of a certificate is to associate an identity with a
private key. If the identity in the certificate does not actually know the
associated private key, then the certificate serves no purpose at all.

When you submit a CSR, you should generate a private key. The certificate
authority then vouches for the identity of the owner of that private key. If
you don't have the private key, the certificate is useless.

DS