I got it working.  I no longer get the error about the certificate being
setup for a different web site.  I started from scratch and made sure I
followed all the steps correctly.  I am not sure what I had wrong, but I
believe I was either pointing to a bad certificate; forgot to link Apache to
a good certificate; or forgot to restart Apache.

Yes, I was referring to the contents of Common Name.  I will try and be more
specific in the future.

As far as the free 3rd party signing my certificate, I understand your
point.  So, I'll have just have to have my users set up there web browser to
trust the certificate I email to them.

Thanks to all for your help.  Much appreciated.