-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gunivortus Goos
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:39 AM
To: David Schwartz
Subject: Re: [!! SPAM] RE: Re[2]: Vista 64 bit

Hello David,

> Then why are you downloading OpenSSL? It's a library, a toolkit.
> It has no enduser application.

Are you really sure?
I subscribed, while at the openssl.org site for this list
the description was given:
"openssl-users open anybody Application Development, OpenSSL Usage,
 Installation Problems, etc."

I downloaded and installed Win32 OpenSSL v0.9.8g Light, on an
XP computer, that would mean, I'm a user, isn't it? :-)

Of course, for the reasons I told, I did not subscribe to:
"openssl-dev open subscribers Discussions on development of the
OpenSSL library.

> If you are installing some other application that asked you
> to install OpenSSL, you have to follow that other application's
> instructions.

I did. Using Total Commander also as FTP client on XP, it told me
to install OpenSSL first, before checking the option in the settings
there.

> If you  had an issue, it would be with that appication or its
> OpenSSL support, not with OpenSSL.

Not really. I got a new computer with Vista 64 bit and I didn't
find a 64 bit version of OpenSSL. That is, what I asked here.
And it seemed, I asked it on the right place. ;-)

> These are not the droids you are looking for.

Who and where else should I have asked for it?

--
Best regards,
 Gunivortus