When I made OpenSSL-Fips for win32 with MinGW, I did not have any luck with gcc-3.4.5; I just looked and mine is gcc-3.4.3 and that built OpenSSL-Fips-1.1.1 just fine, all tests passed. I have not tried building 1.1.2 yet, however.

The build process I followed:
You untar OpenSSL-Fips-x.x.x and run

./config fips
make
make test
if all tests pass you
make install

then you untar OpenSSL-0.9.7m and run

./config fips --with-fipslibdir=/usr/local/ssl/lib \
--openssldir=/home/Administrator/openssl-0.9.7m --prefix=/ssl
make
make test
make install

Cheers, and YMMV

Leonard

Scholl, Ben M. wrote:
Steve,

Would you please explain how to "properly" install the MingW environment?  I
started with a fresh installed and updated instance of Windows XP Pro SP2 and installed a
the version of MingW and MSYS as specified in the docs.  What else was I supposed to do
and how was I supposed to configure the environment?

Why is this operation so abstract and cryptic?

Ben M. Scholl
Ennovex Solutions, Inc.
Software Engineer
DoD PKE Engineering