-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dr. Stephen Henson
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:24 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: OpenSSL FIPS 1.1.2 on Windows

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008, Scholl, Ben M. wrote:

> Would you please explain how to "properly" install the MingW
environment?  I started with a fresh installed and updated instance of
Windows XP Pro SP2 and installed a the version of MingW and MSYS as
specified in the docs.  What else was I supposed to do and how was I
supposed to configure the environment?

I've just gone through this process here. I've done the following:

Download MinGW-5.1.3.exe from SourceForge.
Donwload MSYS-1.0.10.exe from SourceForge.

Run MingW-5.1.3.exe. Select "download and install" from first Dialog.
Select
"current version". When it asks for a list of components select "MinGW
base
tools", "g++ compiler" and "MinGW make". It should install successfully.

Run MSYS-1.0.10.exe and when the post install window comes up tell it
where
you installed MinGW.

Select menu option MingW->MSYS->msys

tar xvzf /path/to/openssl-fips-1.1.2.tar.gz

cd openssl-fips-1.1.2

./config fips
make
make install

The reason for the process is that it has to follow the Unix build to
the
letter for the 1.1.X FIPS module.

For the (not yet validated) 1.2 Module you can use VC++ for the whole
thing.

Steve.