You certainly either generated a keypair or already had one,
because it is impossible to create a CSR without the privatekey.

Note that openssl 'req' can either create a CSR for an existing
keypair, or generate a new keypair AND a CSR for it together.
(It can also create a selfsigned cert and not a CSR at all.)
If you did the keypair-and-CSR-together option, you might have
paid attention only to the CSR part and not the keypair part.

> I thought all I would have to do is import it to IE.  So all
> I need to do is use the command below to get this to import correctly?

Use the command below substituting your actual filenames to create
a PKCS12, and then import the PKCS12 to IE.