On 27 Jul 2011, at 4:37 PM, castre...@gmail.com wrote:
> There is no data to send to the client ( I have checked the BIO out and there
> is no pending data to send out).
> This is my main problem.
>
> When I check the clients state using SSL_state_string from the last read it
> returns "UNKWN".
>

> I went ahead and did some changes just to seem if I could shake things up.
> Originally I had my context set to server = method_sslv3_tlsv1, client
> =method_tlsv1
>
> But then I changed it to
> server = method_sslv3
> client = method_sslv3
>
> As I ran this the server came up with the following error on a SSL_read:
>
> 0x101069c0 "error:140A1159:SSL routines:SSL_BYTES_TO_CIPHER_LIST:scsv
> received when renegotiating"    char *
>
> The data the server was reading, the response from the client. The client had
> sent a hello, the server sent a response to that,
> in which the client sent a response and then the server errored.
>
> What does this error mean.
> Again, could there be somthing wrong with my certificates. On the server side
> i load the server cert( PEM) and the private key.
> ON the client side I just load the CA cert.

Hmmm. In that case, I don't know what the problem is. I've cc'd this back to
the openssl-users list in case it gives someone else an idea.

"scsv received when renegotiating" sounds like it's related to the RFC-5746
renegotiation-attack prevention stuff, which I don't know much about.

> Thanks for your response..........I am very confused.
> Does the O"riely book for OpenSSL have good information??

I haven't read it. :) SSL and OpenSSL can be pretty confusing, good luck.