On Fri, Dec 13, 2013, Walter H. wrote:

> On 13.12.2013 21:16, andrew cooke wrote:
> >well, i realised i couldn't answer the question seriously...  what is
> >ECDHE-ECDSA-3DES-EDE-SHA ?  the only reference i can find on the web is to
> >google chrome and firefox accepting it (a grep of openssl 1.0.1e fails to
> >find
> >it).  does any server actually provide it?  if so, what mode does it use (EDE
> >is saying something about DES - how to build 3DES from DES - rather than
> >giving a mode, isn't it?)?
> >
> >andrew
> >
> exact this is my problem - I need a ciphersuite from the OpenSSL
> list, that matches one of the FF list and doesn't make use of RSA
> for key exchange ...

How are you disabling RSA key exchange? If you disable RSA for authentication
too you'll hit problems if you don't have a non-RSA certificate. So for
example: ECDHE-ECDSA-3DES-EDE-SHA needs an ECDSA certificate (that's the same
as ECDHE-ECDSA-DES-CBC3-SHA).

You can disable RSA key exchange by appending the string !kRSA to the cipher
string, for example: "DEFAULT:!kRSA". Also if you want to support EDH
ciphersuites you need to set some DH parameters and for ECDH a suitable curve.

Steve.