On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:23:28PM +0100, Jaime Fuentes - Ditecal wrote:
> I am implementing a Mail Server using postfix + dbmail. I recently
> configured STARTTLS and I found that lines on my */var/log/mail.log*
>
> Jan 29 19:59:56 correo2 postfix/smtpd[3384]: warning: TLS library
> problem: 3384:error:14094412:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3
> alert bad certificate:s3_pkt.c:1108:SSL alert number 42:
> Jan 29 20:03:42 correo2 postfix/smtpd[3495]: warning: TLS library
> problem: 3495:error:14094412:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3
> alert bad certificate:s3_pkt.c:1108:SSL alert number 42:
There is nothing wrong with your server, it is just reporting the
fatal alert from the remote client. SSL/TLS alerts are reports of
problems fromt the remote SSL/TLS peer.
You've left out essential context. What are the other log entries
for "postfix/smtpd[3384]" and/or "postfix/smtpd[3495]" directly
before and after the warnings above.
> I don't know what mean this lines, because when I probe the
> connection with the command:
They mean that the remote SMTP client was for some reason unhappy
with your certificate. Perhaps some MUA, expecting certificates
from a "trusted" CA, is failing to authenticate your self-signed
server certificate.
You need to find out what client was connecting to the Postfix SMTP
server to cause these messages. Perhaps also check for further
connections from the same IP address and look at those...
--
Viktor.
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List [email protected]
Automated List Manager [email protected]