On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Ted Byers <r.ted.by...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you checked out Google and Amazon's payment services?  I have
> heard they exist, but haven't checked them out for cost (I may do so,
> and soon, as the Canadian bank's support for ecommerce leaves
> everything to be desired: try finding any documentation for their API,
> or even if they have such an API, for any of the big 5 in Canada).
>
> Cheers
>
> Ted
>
> Cheers
>
> Ted
>
> --
> R.E.(Ted) Byers, Ph.D.,Ed.D.

My curiosity being piqued, I took a look, and both Google and Amazon
have the same transaction fees as Paypal ($0.30 per transaction, and
2.9% of the volume), and, Amazon HAS NO SETUP, MONTHLY, CANCELLATION,
or FRAUD PROTECTION FEES.  That makes tham a bargain.

And guess what I just found.  ;-)  Amazon has special discounts for
icropayments and nonproft organizations.  I do not know if you're a
501(c)3 non-profit, but if you are, then your rate would be 2.2%,
along with the $0.30 per transaction.  Check it out on
https://payments.amazon.com/business/pricingPlan, and links on that
page.

But, if you can live with $0.30 per transaction, and 2.9% volume (or
2.2% if you're a 501(c)3 organization), then Amazon may be an
excellent alternative to Paypal.

I just learned, to my chagrin, that Google has shut down their
checkout service, and passed that business off to Braintree
(https:///www.braintreepayments.com/google-checkout?partner_source=google-checkout,
whose fees are 2.7% and $0.30 per transaction AND NO OTHER FEES.
Braintree may thus also be an excellent alternative to Paypal.

I know nothing of Braintree's reputation, but Amazon's reputation is
outstanding.

Cheers

Ted

--