On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 13:37:41 -0500, Sean Mcginnis wrote:
On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 12:47:10PM -0500, Ed Leafe wrote:
On Aug 17, 2018, at 12:30 PM, Dan Smith <d...@danplanet.com> wrote:

Splitting it out to another repository within the compute umbrella (what
do we call it these days?) satisfies the _technical_ concern of not
being able to use placement without installing the rest of the nova code
and dependency tree. Artificially creating more "perceived" distance
sounds really political to me, so let's be sure we're upfront about the
reasoning for doing that if so :)

Characterizing the proposed separation as “artificial” seems to be quite
political in itself.

Other than currently having a common set of interested people, is there
something about placement that makes it something that should be under the
compute umbrella?
I explained why I think placement belongs under the compute umbrella for now in my reply [1]. My reply might have been missed in the shuffle.

-melanie

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-August/133452.html