On 8/17/2018 2:21 PM, Tom Barron wrote:
I think that even standalone if I'm running a scheduler (i.e., not doing emberlib version of standalone) then I'm likely to want to run them active-active on multiple nodes and will need a solution for the current races.  So even standalone we face the question of do we use placement to solve that issue or do we introduce some coordination among the schedulers themselves to solve it.

Why *wouldn't* you use placement in that case? It's extremely light weight (in its current form), it's just DB and API. It was meant to solve scheduler races (like we have had in nova since the beginning).

Matt