But I'm not sure the real problem to move the modules. My understanding is
- the ceilometer package has dependency with ceilometerclient so it is easy to
   move them
- all callers for using the moved modules must change paths.

The modules you are talking about are part of Ceilometer's core functionality, we can't move them to a completely separate code-tree that is meant only for client functionality.

Besides the conceptual difference, python-ceilometerclient is not tightly coupled with Ceilometer and has its own release schedule among other things.

Regards,
Nejc