I had issues with our mail server filtering them out as spam or something. It wasn't even at my client, so I couldn't do much about it. I eventually ended up using a new mail provider for my OpenStack emails.

At the moment, however, I have nothing configured here - and AFAIK I never have had - and I _have_ received emails in the past for most of the Gerrit jobs that I have commented on. Presumably, therefore, there is a default email notification behaviour that doesn't require anything under "Watched Projects". I wonder why that would mostly work, but sometimes (apparently) not.

Regards,
    Neil