Paul Bourke wrote:
Hi Joshua,

Thanks for sharing your workflow, interesting to see.

To answer your question, there is a 1:1 relationship between Kolla and
OpenStack releases. As Kevin outlined, you may get lucky, currently in
Oracle we deploy OpenStack Mitaka with Kolla Newton and for the most
part it works fine. But it's not recommended from an upstream point of
view.

Thanks Paul, good to hear that I'm not the only one asking this :-P

Can u describe more of the 'most part it works fine'?

Anything that you've hit that I don't have to would be nice to know ;)

Maybe we need more discussion on that as it's something I see popping up
frequently. We also have a warning in the docs around this, see
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/kolla/quickstart.html#building-container-images

Yes +1

A matrix of kolla release to what openstack release would be nice,

Especially taking into account the fact that the image building process will likely work across many releases but the deployment part may not (which is fine with me, all I want right now is the docker image building, the deployment we already have existing tooling that we are working through and adjusting anyway).

PS: this likely won't be a permanent question but is more situational as godaddy moves from liberty to a newer release (once we get our processes streamlined we shouldn't be so far behind...).

-Paul