On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 16:04:14 -0500, Jay Pipes wrote:
We're discussing only doing:

 GET /resource_providers?<simple non-JSON query params>

Once we start doing claims in the scheduler, we'll have the ability to do:

 POST /allocations
 {
    <more complex JSON body specifying requested resources, traits, and
all kinds of stuff :)>
 }

Thanks. FWIW, I'm not against simple non-JSON query params.

The last time we discussed this, I was against the idea of JSON blobs in query params from a usability standpoint and it was noted that GET with a request body isn't guaranteed to be forwarded properly when going through proxies because it's not described in the HTTP specification. So with that information, I thought POST as a read to e.g. /resource_providers/list was the best compromise.

That all arose because complex JSON bodies were described as a possibility for RP list requests. If that's not the case, then I didn't think we need to consider POST.

-melanie