On May 29, 2017 1:12 pm, Paul Belanger wrote:
On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 02:39:16AM +0000, Tristan Cacqueray wrote:
Hi,

With the nodepool-drivers[0] spec approved, I started to hack a quick
implementation[1]. Well I am not very familiar with the nodepool/zookeeper
architecture, thus this implementation may very well be missing important
bits... The primary goal is to be able to run ZuulV3 with static nodes,
comments and feedbacks are most welcome.

Moreover, assuming this isn't too off-track, I'd like to propose an
OpenContainer and a libvirt driver to diversify Test environment.

I know in the past we talked about using kubernetes for this. But, that might be
a large dependency for testing environments.

Well since zuulV3 lost static nodes support, it already requires a working
OpenStack
provider, Kubernetes may be easier to setup for testing environments...

A quick peak at the code makes me
wonder if we maybe shouldn't just turn the interface into an Ansible driver.
This gets the contain logic outside of nodepool and by using ansible, makes it
generic enough to use any container / serverless / something.

It could be possible, there is where something like linchpin comes in handy too.

Thank you for looking through this proposal, a generic interface would
be pretty neat indeed. Though I'm not sure it should be tied to
Ansible, once the interface is well defined we could have a boilerplate
driver that could be implemented with any systems, perhaps running
external commands such as linchpin or Ansible.

-Tristan

Thanks in advance,
-Tristan

[0]: