As for the option of running multiple services on a single machine,
this is really a deployment concern. The protocol is still HTTP,
so 80/443 should be the default for all services, but some folks
will change this to fit their deployment. They could bind multiple
IPs and run each service on a specific IP or perhaps someday combine
all services into a single process/listening port and route based on
HTTP Host header.

-Eric